car sales fraud

Asked by Aug 11, 2012 at 08:28 PM

I was considering purchasing a 2009 Honda Odyssey with a rebuilt title. I asked the dealer for the pictures of
it prior to the repairs. The van is the Touring model and the pictures the dealer sent me were of an EX-L  
model. I informed the dealer they were pictures of a different van and he assured me they were of the van I
was interested in buying. I found the EX-L van on an insurance auction website. The two vans have two
different VIN numbers and are obviously different Odyssey's.  My question is two fold. 1.. what is the dealers
intention?  2...are there any agencies other than the BBB that police dealerships?

45

I would have to say your suspicion is correct. The dealers intention was to obviously throw you off and hide the fact that the repair repairs were either done incorrectly or not according to specs. The second part of your question is yes you can report the dealer to the Department of Motor Vehicles and they will take action against the complaint and investigate the matter further.