2001 blazer 4wd, has the ABS light come on and emergency light, it goes off between incidents of it coming on while driving and being shut off completely. The scanner my mechanic put on it said it is an EBCM relay circuit. Is this a costly repair? Saw on a blog some thought this could be just a need for brake fluid? Thanks for your help.

Asked by Jul 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The emergency brake light is the other warning light which is on during the ABS warning  light

217,305

The emergency brake light is usually on due to low fluid in your brake fluid resevior. So you have a brake fluid leak somewhere. Either a hose or brake line or at the caliper, or wheel cylinder if you have drum brakes. Look for spots on the ground or wet spots around the car. The ABS warning light is usually a wheel sensor and these can trip after they get dirty or cracked. EBCM reply is for the Electronic Brake control module, so instead of a physical issue as leaking fluid you might have an electrical issue. I'm surprised your mechanic didn't offer to give you an estimate or fix it.

70

I got the same problem on my 2001 trail blazer. Intermittent ABS and emergency brake light comes on in the dash. No rhyme or reason as to why it comes on or doesn't. I can get rid of the emergency brake light just pulling the fuse on the drivers side dash fuse box but the ABS light I have no idea.

70

I've read the supposed fix's too, from low brake fluid to a brake sensor in one of your wheel to a faulty EBCM module. You name it, I've read it.