Any ideas on how to disconnect the auto-lock feature on my '97 Explorer? I hate that auto lock, locks the doors when you put it in drive. Need to unhook it.

1,315

Asked by Jul 10, 2012 at 08:16 PM

Auto-lock feature for electric door locks for a '97 Explorer. When you put it in drive, locks the doors automatically. I have to remember to unlock the doors before I get out to open a lift gate, or a passenger door. Hooked to some circuit in the trans? Any ideas on how to disconnect just the auto-lock feature?

246,855

http://www.ehow.com/how_6932342_do-locks-2001-ford-explorer_.html Try this.

Best Answer
1,315

Didn't work. The inside sequence did cause my horn to beep once, but auto locks still engage. Must not be quite right for the '97's. Darn... still have the frustrating auto lock...

1,315

However, your post inspired me to search further, and I found a disabling sequence for a 2000, which worked on my '97. Yay! No more stupid auto-locks! 1. Turn key on, motor off. hit "unlock" on armrest three times. Turn key off, hit unlock three more times, turn key back on, (horn beeps once) hit "unlock" then "lock" (horn beeps each time) and shut key back off. Whala! Turned off!

5

Before 3 months i had a problem with my Renault clio's locks. I can't unlocked with the remote central locking. I searched in the Internet how can solve the problem. I found some tips for similar problem - http://safekey1stllc.com/7-things-that-you-need-to-know-about-door- locks/. I hope to be helpful for you.