bad experience with dealer

Asked by Jul 05, 2012 at 06:36 PM

I bought a Lexus SC 430 from DFW Luxury Cars.  a few days after driving the car home I noticed that paint
was starting to peel from the front bumper, exposing the black plastic beneath.  Having just paid $34,000
for the car and them assuring me that the car had no prior body damage, I felt compelled to call and ask
that they pay the repair cost of $561.  The owner refused to pay for the repair, accused me of lying and
suggested that I might have done something to the car after it was in my possession.  I will never do
business with them again and do not recommend them.

115

Did it expose black paint or black plastic? Does it smell freshly painted? Check for tape lines or overspray. Does the color match? It may have been wrecked and they probably replaced a used bumper cover from a black car and didnt sand it properly before they painted it. I bet it was fixed to move off the lot. There are lemon laws that protect you from this, and you do have time to change your mind. They would have to take the car back.