My 98 neon is popping out of 5th gear and acts like it doesnt get fuel

10

Asked by Jun 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Ok the other day my buddy drove my 1998 neon through the sand ever since then it pops out of 5th gear but only does this when driving it for a period of about 15 mins... it sill pop out of 5th then of course put it back in gear and a few minutes later it will chug like its not gettin fuel... After i let it sit for a few minutes it will drive just fine for about 5 to 10 minutes??????? PLEASE HELP

263,865

The popping out of 5th gear is usually a sign of low fluid, check that first. If the level is good, then look at the linkage, it might have been bent driving on the sand. If that checks out then it might be a bad syncro, requiring you tear the trans down for repair.

great