1996 Toyota Camry, none of the power windows or Power Door Locks work

Asked by May 27, 2012 at 09:14 PM

Except th Moon Roof is OK. Fuses check out good. Replaced Drivers Door Switch Cluster - no help. Could a Ignition Switch be the fault? Have not purchased a Haynes yet but to get a schmatic of power may be the only way. Have voltage present in Drivers Plug module but none of the Windows or Door Locks Work.

262,085

Did you check the power window/door fuse? "you have to remove the coin tray on the bottom left of the dash. There is a fuse panel behind that. Next to that fuse panel are three bigger square fuse blocks. Two blue 40 amp fuses and a pink type C 30-amp rectangular block fuse. The power window fuse is the pink one. Unless you have very tiny hands you can't reach it. Now you have to remove the lower dash panel that is held on by four 10mm screws. Pop out the two square plastic caps on each side of the steering column to get to the two top screws."

2,065

A service manual is a great help in this situation. There may be bad relays, also.

20

I had issue w/my power widows/locks an my answer was not any of the above. Nor was in manual. After troubleshooting everything insde an out of car checking every fuse i began to follow the wires from the boot between door an car i found (after taking glass off track) Inside door the glass had been rubbing against wires an shorted out. It blew the green 30amp fuse that still showed contunuity .After finding i replaced fuse an put in a inline fuse so if it happens again it will blow that fuse which i installed under hood in fuse panel. I am very happy cause although it drove me crazy it was a low cost problem to fix.

90

Trying to find out what fuse is for the Windows and power Windows