why will my 03 chevy impala not turn left??

185

Asked by May 05, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Turning right is perfectly fine but when trying to turn left the car seems and sounds like it is running low on power steering fluid.  I
checked the fluid level, no issue there.  I then replaced the pump, bleed the system and still the same symptoms.  Any ideas?  
This is really getting annoying since this is my only car and I still have to drive it.  It has progressively gotten worse over time (last
week or so)  any help is greatly appreciated!

185

ok so i think its the rack and pinion. will i damage my new pump if i drive it and put this pressure on the system? I wont be able to get a new rack and pinion until next weekend.

hey Nathaniel did you ever solve your problem. Out of no where my impala just started giving me trouble turning left, but i can turn right with no problem. I can also turn left when the car is in motion.