97 Cobra w/113k - worth $7500 - pitfalls?

Asked by May 04, 2012 at 07:07 PM

I am looking for a fun summer car - thinking about keeping it for a few years minimum - a 1997 Mustang Cobra popped up in my area with 113k and pretty clean overall ( 3 owner) for $7500.  I think it hasn't sold due to the mileage - what are some thoughts - is this too much - I may need a long time to sell as well.   What is a price a mustang lover should pay for this? Thanks

254,185

Not too much mileage, depends on the maintanence. On my '87 around 120K is when most the wear items went, water pump, heater core, alt. and such . Once you get past that, it's smooth sailing again. If everything checks out, offer $6500. clean trade-in is about $5800

Thank you