Side Mounting engine

155

Asked by May 01, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Can you take an engine designed for rear wheel drive purposes and side mount it so that it be used in front wheel drive configurations?

95

the transmission would be wayy too long. plus it would only power one wheel. making it impossible to drive

145

if its the same engine yes we take forward engines out and put them in side mount on rv busses

12,945

Anything is possible. That is a tough one though.

155

i was thinking that it would be just the engine side mounted and using a tranny from a front wheel drive car

95

well it really depends on the engine, but it would require a lot of fabricating to mate the engine and transmission