eager to know how do u know if your car has federal or california emissions standards ?


Asked by Mar 24, 2012 at 08:20 AM

Question type: General

1 Answer


If your car is a GM brand, look in the glovebox , the door frame, or on the underside of the cover for the spare tire- what you are looking for is a white or silver tag with a black strip on top with a bunch of 3 digit codes on it (they are in alphabetical order)- FE9 is federal emissions, YF5 is California emissions- I hope this helps!

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 48,170
Reputation 39,480
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 16,780
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.