1998 ML320, am thinking of buying 150,000 miles....is it expensive to for regular mtnce at this age? Is this a good car, what r your thoughts on this vehicle

Asked by Feb 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I am thnking of buying this immaculate Mercedes but I know nothing about the cars. I have heard that when they go wrong its very expensive as it regular mtnce.  Can I do oil changes at Jiffy lube type outlets or will I have to go to MB shops for all work done.  I would like your hnest thoughts on this type of vehicle?

385

The MAF and rear suspension are known problems with that model year's ML-class. As far as cost, it is a German car, and the cost of ownership will be reflected as such. Obviously, it's out of warranty, so there is no actual requirement that you have to get it serviced at a MB dealer, but I would personally highly recommend it.