Wipers on the Fritz!!

5

Asked by Jan 12, 2012 at 08:09 PM

My wipers will act up once in a while and Im concerned because at the same time all my lights dim for a second like my battery goes dead, but only for a second and the wipers keep moving like an inch every 2 seconds and this goes on and on and on. the wipers do the normal up and down just SUPER slowly. Like I said they move an inch or two every couple seconds The guy that owned the car before me apparently put some kind of strobes in with the headlights and Im worried that this may be the problem like maybe I have an electrical short or something...I bought it from a dealership though so those things should have been checked out. I am a girl.....I dont know much about cars so please try and keep the terms to a level to where I can understand lol!! Thanks in advance!
Emily

475

Emily my dear as you are a girl I must suggest you to visit a car electrician and ask him to check the current of the battery as well as the wattage capacity of strobes.

1,545

if the battery's wattage is below 12 wheel it needs to be changed... a normal (or overcharged?) one has a wattage of 13 or 14 i think..

5

I think (i hope) I have figured it out. I had it checked out by a mechanic and they said I probably needed a new wiper motor. So I got one and guess what?! Still doesn't work!! so now I am spending another 150 some dollars on a discontinued wiper switch for the inside of the car. I'm hoping this is it because I cant afford to keep replacing things that don't help my situation. Now I just need to figure out how to put the thing in...