I want to buy a 2006 Nissan Maxima. Is 121,000 miles respectible or should I look for one with significantly less?

Asked by Jan 03, 2012 at 02:43 AM

425

121k miles really isn't too bad for a car. BUT it all depends on how the car was taken care of. I find that driving it and just overall having it checked over is the best way to go. When I look at a car, the miles don't mean much to me. If there are service records to show regular maintenance and everything has been kept up. That is probably going to serve you better than something that has never been maintained or taken care of.

Thanks! That'll save me a lot of money in the very near future!

425

idk how car savvy you are but usually you can tell if a car has been taken care of. Are the fluids all clean and topped up? Is the car clean? Paint shiny? Any rot on the underside? This like this that will tell the overall condition of the car can be very helpful

110

Those are all great answers but, fyi, at that mileage you have 50-60k left on the 2nd timing belt. If there are no maint. records I would have that changed at the very least. -dragcar62-

115

If you have any doubts do yourself a favor, bring it to a trusted mechanic and invest the money in diagnostic time. It will give you piece of mind and a much better idea of any future costs.