can an o2 sencor prevent a chevy cav from starting

Asked by Dec 31, 2011 at 01:46 PM

65

I had a 98 that I bought with 3000 miles on it. This problem started at 8000 miles and dealer after dealer could not find a fix. It would just die and could not be started for hours.Sold the POS after 4 years of distress. The national traffic safety adminstration ( NATSA) (Bureau of Defects) has many complaints for this on their sight and there maybe new info on it now.

65

Also the o2 sensor was replaced more than once and it is unknown since it became a reoccuring problem

no on 02 sensor,bad ignition switch,or crank sensor.

35

if it is an old style chey the key is what disables the alarm i had the same problem with my camaro, is it a crank no start or does nothing at all, if nothing at all it is in the ignition.

i think it was a bas spark plug wire i was cleaning the plugs and noticed what seemed to be a broken wire i replace dit seems to be ok and po141 code is gone now thank you all i will let you all know how it went on friday