Stalls after 20min, 1989 Olds Delta 88, 3.8L, 104K miles

Asked by Dec 23, 2011 at 08:22 AM

Hey car gurus.  Have an '89 Olds Delta 88, with 3.8L.  Starts and rides great, however after 20min on highway will stall out, restarts, drive again for a while, then repeats problem.  Have had the cam sensor replaced thinking it fixed the problem, but repeats.  Any thoughts?  tks, John

have you check the coil sounds like after it heats up it expands then grounds out

hey my delta 88 1989 olds over 100,000 molews starts and misses after starting i give it gas to hit the engine up and it is find but loses power. It is not the batter or alternator. I wonder if I need r to replace spark plug and wires