My 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 engine went dead while i was doing 40mph and wont restart

Asked by Dec 18, 2011 at 01:28 PM

As i was driving the service engine light came on and went from a steady light to a
flashing light then cruising at 40mph it cut off. Tried to start it, engine was turning
but  was laborered(slow) I putin a new battery and still the same,i hooked up a
booster pack with new battery engine turned but wouldnt turn over just sputtered. I
pulled the plugs they were ok i check to see if i was getting a spark an that was
fine. I listened for the fuel pump and thats ok. I pulled the rail to the fuel injector
fine also .dont know what to do HELP

55

Hi Anthony, i would check for codes, i would check fuel pressure, check compression , then go from there good luck

485

+1 on a code read, also try fuses, specifically related to engine management / ECU etc.

25

check HT leads and fuel pump relay