well, this jimmy is getting worse

30

Asked by Dec 15, 2011 at 09:49 PM

the abs braking system went on it and a module in the control panel is on it's way out the door....my mechanic told me that it's not worth the expense to fix and that it's drivable for a while.........i cannot wait until after winter breaks and spring is here for suv sales.....hope it lasts that long

if the abs went out,it is not driveable,it is a death trap.park it.

30

really? another mechanic just told my father the same thing too..... my brother said something about the rear wheels locking..... i don't know what to believ, but i am very nervous about driving it...... my work commute is over 60 miles round trip a day can you ellaborate a little bit on the abs system? thanks

The ABS is a system to keep the vehicle from locking up the brakes and slideing.when it fails they will lock up or not respond at all.it has a abs motor that controls it,when it goes bad the whole system fails which makes it very dangrous to drive,brake peddle will do 1 or 2 things,be hard as a rock to push or go down to floorboard with no breaking in eather way.ABS means antilock brakeing system.all i know to say is,if you keep driveing it ,you putting your life and others on the road in a dangerous situaiton.