Just recently bought a 1986 Mercedes 550sl, all of a sudden My Antennae, radio,blinkers,and ac wont work. All the fuses appear to be good. Any Ideas?

Asked by Nov 30, 2011 at 06:03 PM

505

Well, sorry for your troubles. Yet, I cannot think of a common link between all these items except for electrical power to operate or control them. A rather unusual combination of items. There could be a short in a common wire but this might be beyond just fuses. I would suggest treating them separately. The radio and antennae are related. Double check the fuses by replacing the fuse anyway or swapping one, of the same rating, with another. Fuses are not expensive anyway. Do the same with the blinker ( I thinkink you mean turn signals but you could also mean the hazard lights). The AC is totally separate and can be complicated to trouble shoot. If all fuses double check OK then I am afraid you need the services of a mechanic to find the source of these problems. This is a 25 year old car after all and it could be a wiring issue due to wear/tear or damage. Good luck.