1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Dies @ any given time.

535

Asked by Nov 23, 2011 at 09:43 AM

I have a 1996 Dodge ram 1500 pick-up truck that will die at any given time, turning corners, stopping, driving down the road.As of now the truck will start back up only to do it again a block, 1 mile 2,3,4,5 I never know! There has been a few people on here with the same problem but they haven't posted whether or not they fixed it nor the diagnosis. This is a daily driver for my family and I'm concerned it won't start eventually, stranding my family and I. Thanks!

135

This may be no help at all, but I had a 1990 Plymouth van that did something similar. The symptoms were weird and the fault was exotic. After much troubleshooting, it turned out to be a clogged crankcase vent that pressurized the oil pan enough to somehow back oil up into the distributor, which stopped the engine until the pressure dropped a little, then it woud re-start! A number of mechanics could never fix it. Finally figured it out myself after many months.

did you fix it?