Amp for Subwoofer

155

Asked by Nov 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I just got an 10'' 1000 watt Infinity sub, should i get the mono amp rated at 1000 watts or something else?

5

just buy another 10" the same and run the mono with rca adapters with hi pass filter on and it will crank out

155

i would if i had money to do that but i have enough for the one sub and amp, i just need to know if there is a need for an amp that is above/below the subs 1000 watt rating

925

is you sub rms a 1000 watts or is that its peak power?

155

250 RMS and 1000 Peak

25

Rather get a bigger amp:) i'd say around 1300w or 300w rms... monobloc is good! i like your sub choice tho:) just make sure your box is right!

15

if its just a single 10". then yea find a mono block amp.

5

Mono Class D power amplifier is the best bet for any sub. But make sure to check RMS/peak power ratings for both. better to have more juice on the amp then the sub can handle or you will overdrive the amp ratings. also be sure to check ohm ratings for both sub and amp and make sure this includes if the sub is single or dual voice coil. Best bet if you don't know what this means is to bring it to a professional car audio shop and get a matched amp for your sub. Dont want anything to blow.