Amp for Subwoofer


Asked by Nov 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Question type: Car Customization

I just got an 10'' 1000 watt Infinity sub, should i get the mono amp rated at 1000 watts or something else?

7 Answers


just buy another 10" the same and run the mono with rca adapters with hi pass filter on and it will crank out


i would if i had money to do that but i have enough for the one sub and amp, i just need to know if there is a need for an amp that is above/below the subs 1000 watt rating


is you sub rms a 1000 watts or is that its peak power?


250 RMS and 1000 Peak


Rather get a bigger amp:) i'd say around 1300w or 300w rms... monobloc is good! i like your sub choice tho:) just make sure your box is right!


if its just a single 10". then yea find a mono block amp.


Mono Class D power amplifier is the best bet for any sub. But make sure to check RMS/peak power ratings for both. better to have more juice on the amp then the sub can handle or you will overdrive the amp ratings. also be sure to check ohm ratings for both sub and amp and make sure this includes if the sub is single or dual voice coil. Best bet if you don't know what this means is to bring it to a professional car audio shop and get a matched amp for your sub. Dont want anything to blow.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • what size is the subwoofer 1 answer

    I would like to know what is a good upgrade for my subwoofer for 2002 LX 470

    2002 Lexus LX 470


    Car Customization

  • Can you add a subwoofer to the external amp in the 2012 sonata limited? 1 answer

    I just bought a Sonata Limited 2.0T with the nav pack. I want to have more bass going through the car so I wanted to see if I can just get a subwoofer and add it to the external amp. Or if I need to...

    2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited


    Car Customization

  • how do I add a subwoofer to the stock stereo 1 answer

    I have the stock cd stereo and would like to add a amp. with subwoofer. Can you help? Randy

    1999 Chevrolet Blazer


    Car Customization

  • Subwoofer preferance? 15 answers

    What subwoofer do you prefer? For me its either JL Audio or nothing else unless its a L7 kicker then thats fine.

    Car Customization

  • what kind of subwoofer should i get? 4 answers

    i need a subwoofer for my 89 dodge Dakota sport it has approximately 8 inches of space in the area behind the seats (2 hands) im gonna be using it for EDM music and

    1989 Dodge Dakota Sport Standard Cab 4WD SB


    Shopping & Pricing


Search Car Customization Questions

Car Customization Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 5,290
#2 FordNut
Reputation 4,930
Reputation 3,300
View All