Intermittent problem with ABS coming on

65

Asked by Aug 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I asked this question before but never received a response. I've since had the car scoped and it said it was either the ECBM or the ground. I had an extra ECBM and switched it out. Now the ABS light goes out right after you stat the car but comes on and stays on very shortly after driving it. Once in a while it goes out by itself but comes right back on.
      Any ideas? Which wire inte harness of the 35 pin connector to the EBCM is the ground to the unit? Maybe I can follow it to it's source.
       Thanks for any ideas or help someone might have.

Reattasteve

1,555

the light at initial startup sounds like regular system test dequence as done by many control units, the fact the light comes on after moving indicats a fault in the signal from the wheel speed sensors or there intergration in the control unit.