Help!

Asked by Jul 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

My nieghbors car ran hot. What are some of the first things you check?

5

Hi Robert, The first thing that you want to do is make sure that the engine is cold, then look for leaks from any of the hoses. after that slowly remove the radiator cap and see if you can see any water in the radiator. Then have the radiator cap pressure tested. Next is find out where the thermostat is. remove it and have it checked. I have given you several steps and you my find the problem or what looks like the problem at one of the first steps but you should check all of the items that I mentioned........................Jim