Need Room + High MPG

Asked by Feb 24, 2011 at 08:14 AM

Shopping now for a used car, ideally low mileage, a few years old.  Yes, I want the impossible dream, good gas mileage and as much room as I can get since I'm still carting kids to and from college, have one left at home who's in a 4-teen car pool.  Plus vacations.  Maybe we can get away with a sedan but I'm not convinced. Can I do this for less than $20K?  Can I get gas mileage of 23+?  Definitely considering hybrids.  Recommendations?

10

I have a car that I think would be perfect for u. It's an 02 Chrysler 300m special. It gets about 18 city and 23 hwy. It's 5 passenger car, 4 door. Dvd players in both headrests, and navigation/dvd in the front. Lots of leg room and a very spacious trunk! We are negotiable on the price, honestly want something smaller :) hopefully this helps!

7,345

i had a 2005 chrysler 300C a while back and it had a lot of leg room. i also got 24 mpg with the hemi on the hwy. you could easily find a 2007 or so with low miles for under $20k id bet. great cars. loved mine. thinking about getting another one actually. just make sure you get the hemi and not the v6 models. heard a lot of bad things about the v6s

go for a mini van.

105

you can easily get into a brand new hybrid for taht price. you can get a honda insight new for around 17,000 dollars