tail lite burns out after a couple of days, where to check for problem?

Asked by Nov 17, 2010 at 07:29 AM

95

When you replace the bulb you have to make sure you do not touch the bulb itself, any residue on the burlb with creat a hotspot on the bulb and will make it burnt out. other than that, there could be a short in the wiring.

75

Check the rear wiring harness in the trunk for any worn spots in the wire shielding. Sometimes wires rub together or get pinched which will damage the shielding which could cause the circut to ground out if a certain condition exists: such as vibration which would cause the bare wire to touch metal occassionally, which would make the light burn out prematurely.

Thanks for the info. Come to find out airflow box was worked on heat and AC fan area. Did not have problem before the work. Think dealer pinched wires there. After looking at it in person, Right turn signal very weak and both back up bulbs are trying to come on when right blinker is on. Thank you for the reply.

Thanks for the info. Come to find out airflow box was worked on heat and AC fan area. Did not have problem before the work. Think dealer pinched wires there. After looking at it in person, Right turn signal very weak and both back up bulbs are trying to come on when right blinker is on. Thank you for the reply