Tire pressure

Asked by Sep 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM

I have a question, kinda strange.  A friend has a car. Several times I have checked the air in d/s front tire. It had lost a couple of pounds typical. P/s tire air pressure had increased 14 pounds. ??
It had sat for several days, not in direct sunlight. Happened several times.
I can completely understand the d/s tire as that is normal. The p/s tire increasing a couple of pounds, ok maybe. Checked it several times. 14 pounds just didn't make sense

5

more than likeley your friend has picked up either a nail or a screw. this will cause slow leaks in your tyres

Rodger, Its not the leak that is the issue, it is the build up in pressure.

5

IN Australia we are told to check tyres when they are cold as when they heat up you get a false reading. so the best time is early in the morning in summer

There were checked when the car had sat for several days. More than one time. Same issue d/s tire lost air (normal and expected) and p/s tire increase 14 pounds. Again it is the p/s tire that is confusing everyone and no one has a clue!