I want to buy a car so that i can heavily modify.

155

Asked by Sep 04, 2010 at 06:03 PM

Which should I buy? '95 3000 gt, '06 WRX STI, '04 Jetta or '96 Camaro  ( Take into account the car value, looks, and performance)

depends what u want ???/ how much money do you have and how much are you willing to spend?????

155

no more than 10K for car

6,675

why does it have to be a 96 camaro? try and find the 98 camaro or tans am or newer with an ls1 and its the perfect car for easy engine upgrades for a lot of hp gain.

155

any mid 90's camaro or 3000gt but the STI has to have the '06 look and same with the Jetta but '04 for that

15

Depends on your needs. If you are wanting to go fast in general, the STI is your best bet. If you want to go fast in a straight line only, and considering your budget, the camaro is your best bet. The STI wont even come close to 10k unless you find one that is just completely ragged out. Add in that they arent the cheapest easiest thing to work on, and you have wasted your money. I drive an Evo and constant maintenance is required to keep it running at peak performance and parts are not cheap. I would go camaro, and with a few bolt ons and a tune you will have a ton of power. Just dont try to turn.

6,675

The camaro might not be the best handling car ever but an upgrade in shocks and struts with some good sway bars and the camaro can handle really well.

6,675

Go with a 98 z28 or ss camaro if you're set on the camaro. In your budget, tons of mods, and easy to work on. Personally I'd try and find a 98 or newer ws6 trans am though

15

Well, as I stated, I drive an Evo, so a good handling camaro would handle like a dumptruck to me. Might beat me in a straight line, but I dont think you could show me a camaro that can take an evo or sti on a road course or autocross.

6,675

Good handling camaros have hit over 1g on skid pad tests before. I'm not saying the evo doesn't handle better because it does. I'm just saying that a well done suspension on a camaro can make the car handle very well. Better than a stock evo even

15

I'll buy that. And for his money, the camaro would be more car for his money for sure.

6,675

For sure. The sti would be the best of the bunch but it's just not possible within $10k.

35

VOLKSWAGEN!!!!

35

Hmmm... 95 3000 gt is a nice car, with a sporty type body style. nice choice for a modified car. As long as your okay with the car being a heavy weight ( 2wd, or the 4wd model). VR4 model is REALLY nice, but hard to come by though. 06 STI is nice as well, not much modifying needed for performance ( but wanted and doing more doesnt hurt xD ). Careful though, modifications on newer cars are pretty expensive, if time and money is not much of an issue, then a nice choice to have. 04 Jetta's are ok. Not a big Volkswagen fan ( let alone a jetta) but i have seen some nice ones modified before, with great appearance and nice modifications. well at least enough to gain acknowledgment from a non fan as myself. 96 camaro's are nice. slightly heavy to my taste, but American motors have great untapped power. slight mods as in air intake to headers and exhaust can give you nice amounts of horsepower for the price your paying. handling is not all that great, but suspension could fix that problem. not a bad choice either as long as you can find one in good condition for a exceptional price. My opinion is go for what YOU like, not what everyone around you has ( unless they're willing to give you free stuff.... jk ). picking any of them would not be a bad choice, picking a broken down one ....well thats another story.