1st car

35

Asked by Sep 04, 2010 at 11:49 AM

what is the best car for a young guy, starting to drive?

25

cavalier...1996 oe newer...cheap, timing CHAIN vs timing belts (which wear out musch faster, cheap on the gas, options galore with them...I had a 1997 with a 3 speed auto, got 380+ miles to a tank and I drove it all over...I paid $800 for the car, bought ONE intake tube from the air filter to the throttle body...junkyard item, $10...never spent another thing on that car. Also bouhgt a 1996 Kia (dont laugh...they have Mazda motors in em!!)...drove for over a year and a half, no troubles ever, I charged the AC (newer 134a stuff...very simple)....lady that bought is STILL driving it...that was 2 years ago I sold it....My Cavalier likewise is STILL on the road with over 250k on the miles. I recommend those as CHEAP, easy to find and inexspensive cars to drive

905

All depends what your budget is. I'd focus on reliability and fuel economy, so you can save up for car #2. Just remember you're not looking for a wife, or a lifelong relationship. Cars are all temporary unless you are a collector. You could own dozens of cars over your life, make the first a practical decision. I'd recommend an older Altima 2001 or 2004-2006 if you can afford it. Great resale value, low cost to maintain and fix. Domestics cars or more expensive to repair than Nissans. Save your money for a used Nissan GT-R in the future.