New battery, won't start

Asked by Jul 28, 2010 at 04:43 PM

Bought a new battery, electric windows,locks etc work but can't get it to start.  I was told it has to be put on a computer and reset.  Was also told that a problem may have occured when it was to be jumped off with cables.  Please help

425

I don't know what car you own but I have never seen any that must be put on a computer to reset. If you disconnect the battery for 30 min to an hour most all computers will reset. Since you put in a new battery I doubt this is the problem. It is possible to damage the cars computer if it is jump started. This is rare though. Will the starter turn the engine? I need more information to help.