brakes make metal to metal sound

Asked by Jul 26, 2010 at 07:00 PM

When braking, the brakes make a metal to metal sound. I'ts appears to be coming from the front.

195

U need new brake pads up front, and if u been drivin like that for awile and they have been grinding for awile, then u mite have to replace the rotors too. its not safe to drive with the brakes like that, ive been there and 1 day they wont stop u and it can get alil scary wen u push the brake pedal and u keep goin straight like u pushed the gas. u mite want to get that fixed soon.

15

yeah dude, u need to deffinatly change the pads out, and like the other guy said your prolly gunna need rotors as well..and its deffinatly not a safe situation

145

Mine were doing that and I did get the brake pads changed... my car still does this sometimes as if something gets stuck like the caliper maybe? It doesn't seem to do it unless I brake hard, then after I brake hard it stays that way and you can hear it grinding while driving. Sometimes it stops tho.

1,055

nbillin- sounds like the piston or the rod the shoes slide on are sticking- steve, try ceramic brakes and be sure to braze them properly