if grils on the bumper and part of the hood to cool down the engine, why ar there ones in the back bumper?

35

Asked by Jul 21, 2010 at 12:56 PM

15

for aerodynamics and exhaust

35

how dose it work in the back then, wen u revers??

635

When you drive forward the air rushing over the top of your car creates a low pressure zone at rear of the vehicle. This "vacuum" can be used to extract air from beneath the car with diffusers and body-work ducts. The lower air pressure can also be amplified by a spoiler or wing and used to create down force to hold the rear of the car down. These principles only apply at high speed and do not translate to the lower speeds at which you drive your street car. on just about any street car, these features are purely aesthetic.