I bought 2 new tires for my car, shoud I get'em installed at front o back of vehicle?

35

Asked by Feb 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM

15

What kind of car?4wd?all-wheel drive?are the tires the same size as the other two?Need info.

5

you should rotate your tyres anyway put them on the back the n in a few months get new ones and do the same then you always have a good set of tires on

if it was me i would have them look at all 4 and find the best two and then decide the front if its front wheel drive rear if its rear wheel

55

^ yeah what he said , i would put my new tires where the powers goin.

35

is a 2WD, front Wheel Drive. Tires are the same size and brand.

15

As a rule of thumb you want your best tires on the front on this particular drivetrain.The steering and suspension of the front wheels are the most critical if there would be a problem.

55

dammn yall keep beatiing me to reply, but yeah if your car is FWD put your newer ones in the front

2,175

REAR if it is FWD, RWD or AWD! Talk to any tire experts, driving instructors, manufacturers, etc. and the answer is always the same. Losing control while understeering is always more manageable and less costly than having the rear end spinning out of shape. When the fronts are worn out, put new ones again in the rear and move those still fairly new rear tires to the front. The economics will be the same in a long run.

295

always on the rear .. as per the michelin mounting guide... they has a video for dealers . quite a few years ago along with some video..

35

Rear is the right way according to this Michelin Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXXrKFJctU

35

Thanx. Your comment was very useful.

125

The car is safer with new tires on the front in weather. There is better car control in slick conditions. The only exception is cars that will break loose the rear tires when it hits third gear. Most recent American cars are designed to "push" (the front end breaks loose first) and it's nearly impossible to get them to spin out rear first.