Question - Whats the longest time you left your primary car paked/ unattended (for vacation, business travel, etc.) Did ou have any problems with it when you returned?

Asked by Feb 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I have a bet with a co-worker on how much time a car can sit before it starts to experience problems and the number of people who leave thier cars unattended for long periods of time. Can you help me by telling me the longest duration you have ever left a car parked or unattended and what sorts of problems (if any) occured when you started using the vehicle again.

Thanks!

Depends on how long you leave your car, but the tires can lose pressure if they sit to long with out being moved. That also depends on the temperature of the area as well, colder the area the more air the tires will lose.

245

I have left my 1986 F-150 sit for almost 2 years. Hoped in it one day, fired right up, drove it to the store, and it now sits for another two years!! The ONLY problem i had... was a weak (not dead) battery.