What costs more to maintain a 5 year old BMW Z4 or a similar age Porsche Boxster

25

Asked by Feb 10, 2010 at 04:43 AM

I'm trying to save up money to buy a used 4-5 year old roadster but am in 2 minds. From auto magazines and reports I keep reading that the Porsche is a better drive but will it cost the earth to maintain and service? Please Help :)

I just bought an -07 Z4 with 46k miles. The ONLY reason I bought it was that it had a 100k warranty and maintainability package that transferred. Took to my mechanic and he said, "If you dont buy it, I will." I love it. Needs new tires (replaced to via Discount Tire whom I'm in love with). Will replace the front 2 tires soon and I have at least 1 bent wheel. But for what I got.....wow. Since all my stuff is covered, I cant begin to speak to your Porschse. Just be careful, act with reason, not emotion. Best of luck!

4,745

a feel z4 is comparatively easy to maintain boxter. the engine of z4 specially is quite reliable.

115

Well first and foremost is the engine size of the z4.. They share parts with the 3 n 5 series . So the availability of parts is abundant. The z4 is jus packaged to wet panties than a four door 5series.lmao. So my choice would be the z4 for budget n the box for booty calls every weekend..