My car's rack was broken after a mild accident, the axles were fixed but the mechanic said the rack needed to be replaced, although he said it wasnt a urgent matter. What do you suggest?

55

Asked by Jan 15, 2010 at 07:02 PM

is it driveable?

55

The car is very drivable, although the steering wheel is about 10 degrees to the right than normal....and on turns over 500 mph, their is a noise. It's been like this for a year, but i don't have 600 dollars to replace it.

did you 50 mph? try the boneyard. you suold be able to find one from $75-$200. whos going to put it in is up yo you.

55

Hey my bad, 1st time using this thing

no big deal. im just wondering, did you use to work for kennicott?

change it immediately. you dont want to find out that the bolts are all loose and the steering is not responsive... so you said its turning by itself on a certain speed? so there must be something wrong with the steering column alignment... have that double-checked because you might need to change not the rack and pinion but some loose bolts that connect for steering left to right...