RWD or FWD??

75

Asked by Jan 06, 2010 at 08:14 PM

im about 2 buy my frst personal car, but im totally confused and stuck on a choice 2 make.. i have the option of 2 cars. a used 2008 lexus is 350 or the brand new 2010 nissan maxima.. i love maxima as of the engine performance, luxury and latest technology gadgets in it. and i suppose lexus dont need an intro. but wat im confused is should go for used lexus is350 which is a Rear Wheel Drive or new Maxima Front Wheel Drive?? pleas help...

35

i have owned 2 maximas. a 95 and 2002. have not owned dollar for dollar a better car. very few repaire and my 95 went 520,000 miles before the engine went. my feeling is you cant go wrong with the maxima!!!!!

175

Both are really good cars. I love my infiniti i35 (maxima based), and I think its really fun to drive. If you want avantgarde styling and speed when you need it, get the maxima. If you want a more performance oriented car get the IS, but they arent as unique. Both have tremendous reliability so its a win-win regardless. The only downside about the maxima is that im pretty sure that all of them now have a cvt transmission. I have a slight lean towards the lexus but its only slightly.

75

So u think there will not be any kinda problem regarding the front wheel drive?? cuz this is the only thing im worried about in maxima.. rest everything is just very amazing of it!!

55

It depends on what you are looking for. If you want ultimate performance that can handle a race track, RWD wins (usually), if you have to drive in the snow, FWD is beneficial. I have 93 Maxima for the snow, and my hot rod is a 400hp 300ZX Twin turbo. The Z is nearly useless in the snow, but my Maxima can match my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 in the snow, as long as I stay on the pavement, of course. The Maxma performs well enough in dry weather that I don't miss my Z as much as I thought I would.

it all goes down to how well and long you were driving. if youve been driving for 1 or 2 years then the nissan. if longer and you know your whats and your what nots then the lexus. theyre both good,but they drive different from each other.

both cars are excellent maxima has good performance and have a killer looks i dont know much about lexus is,i think maxima is spacious compare to lexus Is. I live in ksa most of them said tht maxima is incredible,hey why cant u go for the Isf which is slighty powerfull than the normal is and looks muscular

335

The Maxima will offer you a lot more room especially in the back seats, plus Nissans go forever. seriously, ask a mechanic what commonplace cars he never sees come in for repairs. 9 times out of ten he'll say Nissan. Also, if you do have something go wrong, you're under warranty in a brand new vehicle and if you keep it after the warranty has expired your repair costs will be lower on a maxima than on a Lexus. But thats your logical brain talking, if your heart has anything to say, its a totally different story. The Lexus IS350 is insanely fun to drive. It accelerates like somebody shot it out of a slingshot. It always knows the right gear to hold even when driving it aggressively on a winding mountain road. And its sexy to boot. Sit in both of them back to back and you may prefer the roominess of the Maxima. Drive them back to back and the very thought of buying the Nissan will break your heart.