will a catback exhaust make my check engine light come on?

Asked by Dec 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM

80

whats it on?

that idiot light is for the engine. check your oil.

7,375

it can. the o2 sensor can cause problems

25

It depends on what its on. A pre-96 vehicle will probably not have an O2 sensor after the cat, and so shouldn't cause any problems. A post-96 most likely will have one, in which case it will cause the engine light to come on and the engine to run like $h!t.

80

yea it all depends on how many O2 sensors you got, if there is just one; go for it without worries. if there is any after the cat, then you need to incorperate them back into the system, preferably before the T pipe that is used to split the exhaust. that way it will stll read normal.

2008 cadillac sts-v