How much does it cost to get my car tires realigned?

25

Asked by Nov 11, 2009 at 01:33 AM

My car was driving fine until I swerved on the highway one day and now it drives with a "hobbled" feeling as if the tires aren't in a straight line anymore. I have to make a significant effort when I pass and drive near people to not hit them. Is it just a realignment job or worse?

305

It shouldn't have even gone out of alignment if all you did is swerve. It's probably either your sway bar or a control arm depending on what car it is. Call a shop and they should give you a price quote. I'm with Automotive Concepts (972)407-9935 call us for pricing on any of the above.

25

no but a car was passing infront of me and didnt put on their blinker so i swerved extremely hard to avoid hitting them and i did a left to right motion and put on my break. and now it feels like that everytime i drive on the highway. kind of a "wobbly" thing going on. like i bent something.

305

What kind of car and what year is it? How many miles does it have on it? What work have you had done to your car in the past? Honestly it sounds like a control arm was already about to go out and the swerve was pretty much the icing on the cake. It's really hard to say without actually looking at it but that would be my assumption.