New car + Problems

15

Asked by Nov 03, 2009 at 03:04 PM

m buying a 92 Silvia K's and the brake line is cracked and the treads are worn. Im not worried about the brake line, i want to know if i have to buy new tires right away and will the car slide around?

85

Silvia's are ment to slide around :)

295

You mean whether you will slide around by accident on your worn tires? I guess it depends on how worn they are and what you're doing with the car. Its dangerous to drive around with worn tires of course and cops might stop you if you're unlucky. But in daily driving conditions you probably wont be in danger of losing traction.

15

Well i dont know how worn out they are and ill just be driving it, no drifting, lol. but yea then if its not dangerous then good.

do the penny test. if you seen the top of abe's head above the tread, then they are shot.