what is a better first car? 2002 BMW 325, or a 1999 Lexus GS300

5

Asked by Nov 01, 2009 at 12:30 PM

7,495

lexus is 100x more reliable

25

i think u should get a 325 because it has a more fuek effcient engine and the chasis and the axel is built on a very stront titanium as well as those horses under the hood

5

two different cars in size. A better car would be the one you can maintain the easiest. The lexus has a nice ride and more room, more of a cruising car and the 325i is a lot more sporty albeit more slow. If you can twist wrenches I'd say the BMW but I am a lil biased. Whichever you get make sure you spend a 100 or so on a pre purchase inspection from a reputable indie shop. Also checkout bimmerfest.com and clublexus.com both sites the forum section. Good luck!

8,465

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of BMW by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd recommend the 325. They are both good cars, but it is the younger car and IMO it's the clear choice. 11 year old vs 8 years old. Granted the mileage would also be an issue. It really depends on the condition and upkeep of the vehicles your looking at. But all things counted equal, I'd personally go for the BMW.