what are king pins?


Asked by Oct 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer


Usually used in Ford trucks and some older vehicles - It would be similar to the balljoints in cars. Totally different design however. A pin and Two bearings and a sleeve per side Expensive to repair Pictured is one being done - The Pin is 90% out the bottom

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Maintenance & Repair Questions

Maintenance & Repair Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 168,730
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 91,560
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 73,900
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.