Cylinder Head Porting & polishing

10

Asked by Oct 12, 2009 at 08:40 AM

should i go for Cylinder Head Porting & polishing to enhance d gas flow or its jost waste of money

25

i think that port and polished head is one of the important parts of tuning. it is very important to do it. but i prefer u to fitt pro cams with it

10

hows it improves the air flow

5

i would do it. when dun and dun right the in side of the heads will smoth witch will not restrick the air flow and the gas flow there for given you the little more HP your looking for

70

no its not a waste of money. it is acually a very good way to boost the performance of the engine. especially lowend torque and hi end horsepower. and it would be a bad idea to consider changine out the cam with a better aftermarket. and also make sur that the place you take the head to changes out the valvle seats with new ones. otherwise its will be a waste of money when they port the valves

5

this is an old school philosophy, minimal gain for a lot of money better spent elsewhere. matchporting, oversize valves, adjustable cam gears and a set of 264s or 272s, uprated valve springs... all things you could do to the head that would net better results.

5

what sort of engine are you talking about?

heres a good example put a vette in a wind tunnel, then put a truck in a wind tunnel. its the same consept but in the head. youre rounding out corners, getting rid of any flash, and making the fuel charge go through like nothing. im all for it.