Is there a way I can fix my wiper controls without going to a high priced shop?

25

Asked by Oct 08, 2009 at 01:48 AM

The control is on the directional along with the cruise control. I have only the one that comes on when you use the washer.

1,545

actually its not that expensive to have your wiper checked. go to a professional mechanic..it'll be your best chance to get that wiring fixed.

2,985

its probably not the wiring its probably the Multifunction switch its self what kind of vehicle is it in?

25

It's a 90 Chevy half ton Silverado with the controls on the directional. When i tried to use them the part that turns went from clicking for each speed to nothing and just the washer/wiper works.

25

My brother mentioned going to a parts house and ordering the switch because I won't be able to rewire it and have everything functional. Thanks

15

In these particular trucks wiper problems are usually traced to the module connected to the motor itself and not the switch... Ive changed dozens of them over the years perhaps 100 lol