Can a stock 2001 dodge stratus rt beat a 2001 stock v6 mustang?

Asked by Sep 27, 2009 at 09:09 AM

555

absolutely not! although the strauts might get off the line quicker being fwd, the mustang would still beat it. this is assuming that the mustang hasn't been mercilessly beaten to shit and isn't an automatic. stick shifts on domestics are faster than auto's.

35

to joseph fwd gets off the lins the slowest of all cars dumbfuck, awd,4wd,rwd,then fwd in that order

Actually. Front wheel drives are faster off the line than rwd and im not talking a auto stratus its a manual 200 horseppower v6 motor.

35

no they actually arent its been proven they are slowest

555

dude u have got to be kidding me, i've raced plenty of stock FWD and Rwd cars on roads and off-roading in open fields, on open fields a fwd car will get more traction and win more often than a car that is just rwd. but on road a fwd might hook up good or it won't, if it does then it might be a good race. either way on the road a Rwd will win as long as it's not too much heavier than the fwd car, and it has an allright weight tranfer to the rear wheels. and one other thing; don't be calling ppl u don't know dumbfucks, they might actually know what they are talking about, from experience!

35

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be caught driving in either of those cars. But if I needed to choose, I would more than likely go with the mustang. The stratus doesn't have as good of a P/W ratio as the mustang and I doubt the FWD on that car is really anything spectacular so it's going to have crazy oversteer. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't get a FWD though. (Ford Focus RS....mmmmm)