best allrounder car

Asked by Sep 22, 2009 at 04:19 AM

85

to tune/mod or to drive or to race on the track or to drag or to go to the shops in ?

285

Truly all rounder for all purposes? A pricey SUV like a cayenne lol. Giant storage space, great audio, big seats to make out with the missus, big engine and its fast. Now if you're talking about an all rounder racing vehicle...

195

lol. the cayenne is not an all rounder car. its just not efficcient or practical when you think of city driving. best all rounder car?? to me is one of the big engine sedans, like an aurion, or commodore or soemthing. plenty of power, plenty of space, not too pricey, not too big, practical

55

Hands down, If you've got the money for it. Get a subaru wrx, or a subaru wrx sti. AWD and usually a turbo with over 200 horse. Quite simply amazing cars, and very nice for sedans.

3,095

he wants to factor in modification as well

3,095

id have to definitly agree with you on that one for bang for buck the Subaru Impreza Wrx STI is probably one of if not the best cars you can buy thats got decent room but still performance oriented. The recaro seats are very comfortable and you cant argue with the almost 300hp. Not to mention the modification stand point is endless ive seen STI's well over 600-700hp and around 400-500hp daily drivers that will last for a very long time. And if you want they sell a kit to make it rear wheel drive (E.I. Yukes Drift team subaru sti) All that said it is also AWD so you can run this car any season and still be safe and fast. The cornering in a 30k car is up to par with many 80-125k cars.

65

I'd have to say a Mitsuibishi Lancer Evolution. Subarus tend to have head gasket problems, at least with the 2.5 liter engine.

85

Nissan stagea RS260 or EVO9 wagon !!

3,095

evo's sometimes do as well they also have timing assymble problems it all depends on how you treat it and maintain it

7,165

fred is right. evos do as well. ive heard more problems from mitsu than subaru myself. although i do like the evo still.

overall try a little 4x4. parking is a breeze, gas is cheap,they are good in snow, there is aftermarket parts out there for them, and they get good gas mileage.