planning to swap my jdm b16 for a F22b1...good or bad call?

1,545

Asked by Sep 15, 2009 at 09:25 AM

planning to swap my jdm b16 for a F22b1 w/bigger pistons and ports with my friend, turbo kit not included (i sold my old one and i had problems with it)...its an older model than my current b16 coz he's got a 93 DX...i dont know if it would work, considering that its an older model, and will it work well with my drivetrain and my clutch kit? or am i making a bad decision?

ps i posted the pic with the turbo kit on so y'all can see the engine's current condition...

5

what is attracting you to the f22???

1,545

larger pistons...ive gone NA and removed my turbo...plus, i dont have to spend a penny...its a swap...

1,545

its a bigger d series...bigger is better and it'll go well with my intake and exhaust system for more torque...still thinking bout boosting it or not...they say its not that good for NA...but if i did have turbo, thats some crazy as* power for me...

1,545

also, my racing clutch is new so i will have the advantage quicker response and more speed shifting up...