what would be better to get for my first car, Acura Integra or Honda Civic hatchback?

Asked by Sep 14, 2009 at 05:09 PM

25

well i would go for the integra i just like the way they look they haave them low rpms so u can accerate faster i have one my self its my babe but they both good cars

15

I'd say whatever you can afford for now as a daily. Then when you have enough money get another car that would be your project.

115

I agree on the looks of the Integra. And I am betting that cost of ownership will be similar. Depending on what year and trim level your looking at between the two could be an important factor. That said it is mostly personal preference, the two are nearly the same car.

175

depends on budget... the integra will be faster...but also more expensive. i have a civic hatchback and its not fast...but its bloody cheap and it isnt boring to drive

45

Acura integra is best hands down, better looking, very cheap/easy to fix up and fix. No matter the kilometers on the integra, if you know how to do an engine swap, get an imported b16a1 engine, slap that in there. Only thing needed after that is body work if theres rust or dings, etc. Cheers mate

175

that depends which acura. if you got a DA i would definately do the b16 swap, but if you have a dc2/4 you dont want anything less then b18. b20/b18c hybrid would be ideal

45

sorry yes, Dependds on the integra. Id reccomend a 2nd gen. They look the nicest in my opinion, and dont have all the fancy body work stock which makes the car even more unique.

35

integra

2,985

whats your budget? id try to get a Integra type r or at least a GSR

my budget is like $3000, up to about $5000. im only 16 years old right now so i dnot expect much.

285

I dont know if you have a preference to honda and want to stay there, but if you search harder you can get better cars at $5000, especially used ones. There are tons of people who run out money to throw into their dream rides and need to sell them for cheap, and many of them are willing to drop their prices from the ones they put up in their ads. I had a guy who dropped 1 grand to try to sell a fully modded out 1990 300ZX DETT drift machine to me for 5 grand. Dont be in a hurry to buy the car.

175

damnit im jealous of used car prices in the us. a stock 300zx isnt likely to go fo anything under 12k over here in aus

5

the only thing about the 300zx out here is that they usually have a atleast over 100k miles.....if your lucky.....

5

integra all day.....civics nice and everything....but its a lil more girly than a integra.....

225

Depends on what you want to do with the car and what your future plans are. I always bring this up just because i'm a huge fan of it. EG or EK civic with a K20 swap is re-donk-u-lous

285

Nah, prices do stay up. You just have to be lucky and hope somebody has been having it hard and needs to sell their dream ride. And dont forget the conversion rate. 5 grand in the states is like 7.5 grand in aussie i believe.

45

Go for the 96-98 JDM Honda Integra Type R DC2 With the integra you already have all the good things like the b18c engine (197 bhp & 138 ft·lbf of torque) ,one of the best racing engines, leather seats, four disc anti-lock brakes,e.t.c