how does speed shifting ruin the clutch

5

Asked by Sep 07, 2009 at 09:51 PM

ive got a 2001 audi s4 and ive been speed shifting in it ever since i got it.. how bad is that for the clutch

15

If you mean you are changing gears without using the clutch, then your issue would be wearing the teeth off the clutch plate. Dont know if this is the only issue or if there are other problems it causes. Also Not sure if this is a problem if you are getting the revs at the right RPM but I wouldnt suggest doing this on a regular basis. The car is manual so drive it like one. otherwise, buy an auto.

55

You will strip the teeth on the gears in the transmission. I'm not a transmission expert, so I can't get any more specific than that. However, I have seen it done before and it completely wrecks the car's transmission.

5

very very bad never speed shift unless ur cluch cable breaks audi mech i no has s4 with 500 hp he dont speed shift only motorcycles not cars

35

unless u have racing clutch installed, speed shifting with the stock clutch will break all its teeth and the result is the popping off of gears and the sliding...you will not get the speed and the shift timing you want...get a racing clutch, those lighter and tougher ones made from carbon fiber i think...do u race ur car on the road bro?man that car wont last long if u keep on pushing it...beef it up if u want to race! i have a 2003 SVT turbo...how bout a quarter mile one time?!