Can you get a Manual transmission in any new truck?? the only one i could find by building them on the internet is dodge and i dont like dodge??

55

Asked by Aug 18, 2009 at 08:29 PM

35

With Ford pickups, you used to be able to get a manual in a half ton but I think it was in the base models only. If you want a few more creature comforts, you will need to get a 3/4 ton. I played on Ford's Build and Price section with a 1 ton SRW, I was able to put the FX4 with a manual trans hooked to a 5.4 liter.

55

Apparently GMC told my brother when he bought his that the diesel has too much power it will wreck the clutch and tranny and yet peterbuilt uses the same engine and still puts in a manual???

35

I don't believe Peterbilt uses that small of an engine, that is if you are talking about the 6.6 Duramax. Anyways, the Duramax (inlcuding the ones the medium duties which I believe are 7.8 liters) are made by Isuzu. Petes can have Cats, Cummins, and coming soon their own engine made by Paccar. It sounds ridiclous that a manual trans cannot take the power but an auto will. I used to drive a Kenworth W9 with 550 hp and 1850 ft pds of torque all being put through a manual trans.

55

Yeah but thats car dealers for you