Iam not getting sometihng?

95

Asked by Aug 16, 2009 at 05:37 AM

is this not a racing forum? or whos car has better top speed and better than another car club? thats all that everyone seems to ask about here its like why?

5

i dont get sumthing either , wat r u tryin 2 say ?

95

Nobody IS asking racing specific questions just a bunch of general questions about cars DUH.....

5

yea now i see wat u r sayin nd u r rite

285

Ok heres a proper question then. I'm having problems with traction on an FWD while doing late apex turns. I'm too used to an AWD and I'm wondering how I am to adjust my driving style to suit the FWD. Solutions?

15

AWD and 4WD cars should brake early go slow into the turn but accelerate out of the turn using the extra traction to shoot you out. They should take the apex just before a RWD car would. RWD cars should brake before the turn and use medium throttle throughout the turn then gas it after you are out. RWD cars should take a late apex. FWD cars should brake partially into the turn by taking an early apex then use the front wheels to pull you around the rest of the turn. Hope that answered your question. If it didnt, pick up a PS2 and Gran Turismo 4. :D

285

Brake into the turn on an FWD are you serious? Wouldnt that and an early apex make you crash right into the wall? I used to hit the brakes at about 165ft before the turn after the grandstands (that's braking from about 140mph to 65mph) on my old ride and took all tighter turns on the late apex, standard racing line on the rest. I've been trying to do the same on a '98 eclipse, though its not the same track anymore but I've plowed into the grass too often for my liking.

15

Sorry, but what car are you using and what track are you racing on?

285

I've moved to the states temporarily and I've gotten myself a talon eclipse here. Its only a GS but I've bumped it up to 250bhp and its almost fully lightened. You cant do without air conditioning here cuz you'll die of heat stroke. I used to race on an F1 track in asia but now its the couple of tracks in Orlando. I've plenty of handling parts installed so I dont think the problem lies with the car but rather with my technique. Too much point and shooting with an AWD = poor driving skills.