what car do you think is the greatest all time sports car.

125

Asked by Aug 09, 2009 at 03:12 AM

there is no right answer here. but im curious as to what you all feel is the Greatest car of all time. what car was so advance and flawless that years from now when things are even faster quicker and crazier, people will still respect the car for what it was, is and everything it represented.

165

The Jaguar XJ220 is one of my personal favorites, at the time the fastest car in the world in 1988 217mph and that stood until the forever famous McLaren F1 in 1994. Both should be respected forever. The Ferrari 250gto is another amazing car as well as the Shelby Cobra. My personal favorite though is the Ferrari F40 it represented everything Ferrari is and was, a pure sports car.

6,675

70 chevelle ss is one of my favorites for drag. the new ZR1 is a new favorite of mine too. im also big on the porsche gt2. i couldnt really pick just one car to be the greatest though. theres too many out there that are great for what they are.

125

exactly there are tons of cars that could be considered the greatest. but there is little chance of everyone agreeing so i wanted to see everyone's take on this. this is why my top car will always be a Lancia Stratos. the car was Phenomenal for its day. and even today finding one for less than 50K (non rally spec) is near impossible and rally spec is 200k+ these weren't the fastest or best but they made Rally racing into a Mans race where every turn was make or break. as for road only cars i'd say the best to me would have to be the Porsche 550 Spyder. one of the first cars of its kind a small 2 seater rear engine roadster. with all the nostalgia and class of the classic sports cars of old. and really who wouldn't want a car that got nicknamed "The Black Widow"

3,275

I would have to say the Corvette. Supercar performance for a fraction of the price, and totally recognizable anywhere.